We have such exciting news to share! The Tory Burch Foundation announced that I am one of ten selected to participate in the second annual year-long Fellowship Program for women entrepreneurs. The program offers access to unique education, mentoring and networking opportunities including a $10,000 business education grant. Selected from an initial pool of 800+ candidates, 30 finalists participated in a public online vote with nearly 50,000 votes cast to help determine the final ten Fellows. Needless to say I am beyond honored to have been chosen and so grateful for all of the support shown by fans, friends, and customers of The Brobe.
Watch this video to hear my reaction and thoughts after finding out:
The complete list of 2017 Tory Burch Foundation Fellows includes:
- Anit Hora, Mullein & Sparrow | Brooklyn, NY
- Kimberly Jung, Rumi Spice | Chicago, IL
- Katalina Mayorga, El Camino Travel | Washington D.C.
- Paris Sabo, Dr. Brite | Irvine, CA
- Jennifer Saxton, Tot Squad | Los Angeles, CA
- Allison Schickel, Brobe International | Austin, TX
- Anita Shepherd, Anita’s Yogurt | Brooklyn, NY
- Lauren Sweeney, Dotted Line Collaborations | Richmond, VA
- Eliza Whiteman, Fly Dog Yoga | Charlottesville, VA
- Janel Young, Nava Pets |Longwood, FL
In addition to the business grant, we will participate in a three-day workshop at the Tory Burch offices where we will partake in a pitch competition to present business plans in front of a judging panel of successful entrepreneurs and influencers. Based on these presentations, one Fellow will receive a $100,000 grant investment in her business.
The judges for the pitch competition will include:- Tory Burch, Founder of the Tory Burch Foundation & CEO & Designer, Tory Burch, LLC
- William Crowder, Managing Partner, 42 Venture Partners
- Anne Fulenwider, Editor-in-Chief, Marie Claire
- Kimberly Weisul, Editor-at-Large, Inc Magazine and Inc.com
- Joanne Wilson, Angel Investor, Blogger and Co-Founder of WE Festival
About the Tory Burch Foundation
The Tory Burch Foundation empowers women entrepreneurs by providing access to capital, education and digital resources: the Fellows Program provides ten Fellows annually with support to grow their businesses; the Tory Burch Capital Program, powered by Bank of America has distributed $25 million dollars in loans to 1,000 women entrepreneurs; more than 140 women have completed an in-depth business education course through the Tory Burch Foundation cohort of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Education Program; and the Foundation’s website, www.ToryBurchFoundation.org, is a go-to destination for women entrepreneurs. The Foundation’s global initiative #EmbraceAmbition launched in March 2017, encouraging women everywhere to own their power, their drive and their dreams.
In the past year, the Foundation provided online tools and digital education to more than 200,000 women entrepreneurs and more than 10,000 women created their business plans on ToryBurchFoundation.org.
Thank you so much to everyone who voted and continues to support The Brobe!