Organ Transplant Recovery Bundle
What is an Organ Transplant?
Organ transplant is a surgical procedure in which an organ in one body is removed and placed into the body of an organ recipient to replace an organ that may be damaged, or missing. The most commonly transplanted organs are the kidney, liver, heart, lungs, pancreas and intestines.
Organ Transplant Recovery Experience
Recovery time varies with what organ you're getting (or giving). Transplant patients usually return to normal activities within four to eight weeks. We have designed our products with the patient in mind to help make you or your loved ones' recovery a little more comfortable.
During the recovery period, you are likely to experience:
- fluid drainage (collected with JP drains)
- localized pain at incisions
- general discomfort
- hot flashes
- reduced mobility & independence
Our products help manage the drains and reduce your pain, helping you feel calm, secure, and in control as you recover.
What's in the Organ Transplant Recovery Bundle?
- The Surgery Recovery Robe: Post surgery, many people live in their Surgery Recovery Robe. It's ultra comfortable, functional, and fashionable enough to wear out of the house.
- Four (6) pockets inside the robe are designed to hold JP drains and/or ice packs
- Soft, comfortable fabric will not irritate surgery incisions
- Three-quarter length sleeves allow for easy IV access during treatment
- The Pocketed Pillow: Super soft, machine washable pillow, designed to hold hot/cold packs for targeted hot/cold therapy relief.
- The Plush Hot/Cold Gel Packs (2 count): Thermal therapy packs can be frozen or heated and fit perfectly into robe pockets and pillow.If heating, microwave for 30 second at a time until desired temperature is achieved.
- The JP Drain Belt: Shower independently and carry drains comfortably underneath your clothing with the JP Drain Belt.
- Each drain belt holds up to four (4) post-operative fluid drains.
- Pockets are made from moisture-wicking fabric, to dry quickly.