Breast Reconstruction with Flap Surgery Bundle
What is Breast Reconstruction with Flap Surgery?
Most often, breast reconstruction happens after surgery to treat or prevent breast cancer. Providers use it to reshape breasts and rebuild damaged or missing tissue. They may also perform this surgery to restore symmetry, making both breasts the same size and shape.
Breast reconstruction with flap surgery involves removing a section of tissue from one area of your body — usually your abdomen — and relocating it to create a new breast. Breast Reconstruction surgery options can include: APEX Flap, DIEP Flap, TRAM Flap, and STACKED Flap, among others.
Breast Reconstruction Recovery Experience
Breast Reconstruction surgery recovery typically takes 6 - 8 weeks. The actual recovery time will vary person to person, depending on which surgery you get. During this time, you are likely to experience:
- fluid drainage (may be collected with JP drains)
- localized pain at incisions
- general discomfort
- hot flashes
- reduced mobility & independence
Our products help manage the drains and reduce your pain, helping you feel calm, secure, and in control as you recover.
What's in the Breast Reconstruction with Flap Surgery Bundle?
The New Post-Surgical Recovery Bra:
- A bra with front velcro and snap closure with no wires.
- Adjustable band and adjustable straps to fit a range of sizes while you recover.
- Supportive, yet soft and comfortable when in contact with surgery incisions
- Bra includes pockets inside the cups to hold hot/cold gel packs or prosthetic breasts
- Machine washable
- ALL BRAS COME IN BLACK.
- The New Post-Surgical Recovery Bra:
- The Surgery Recovery Robe: Post-surgery, many people live in their Surgery Recovery Robe. It's ultra-comfortable, functional, and fashionable enough to wear out of the house.
- Four (4) pockets inside the robe are designed to hold JP drains and/or ice packs
- Soft, comfortable fabric will not irritate surgery incisions
- Three-quarter length sleeves allow for easy IV access during treatment
- The 3-in-1 Belly Binder: Includes three (3) separate pieces that allow you to protect and compress the upper, mid and lower torso. This 3-way compression helps brace and support your midsection and lumbar spine, and also reduces fluid buildup that is very common after surgery. It is breathable and comfortable, and it won't roll or shrink when washed.
- The Pocketed Pillow: Super soft, machine washable pillow, designed to hold hot/cold packs for targeted hot/cold therapy relief.
- The Plush Hot/Cold Gel Packs (3 count): Thermal therapy packs can be frozen or heated and fit perfectly into robe pockets and pillow.If heating, microwave for 30 second at a time until desired temperature is achieved.
- The Post-Surgical Drain Belt: Shower independently and carry drains comfortably underneath your clothing with the JP Drain Belt.
- Each drain belt holds up to four (4) post-operative fluid drains.
- Pockets are made from moisture-wicking fabric, to dry quickly.
Dhivya R. Srinivasa, MD, FACS | Founder of The Institute of Advanced Reconstruction in Los Angeles. She is a Double Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon who has been a strong advocate for Brobe for several years and was our influence for creating a bundle specifically for Flap Surgeries.